Saturday, March 3, 2012

Gears of War 3, Deus Ex Human Revolution or Dead Island :(?

I'm trying to decide on which game to get and I need some help :D

I would like to get GoW 3 because everybody says its amazing online :P

I would like to get Deus Ex because I really enjoyed the first one when I was like 5 years old and liked the change of scenery and exploring each mission but its made by Square Enix so I don't think it will be the same :'(

... And I dunno why I would like to get Dead Island :/ I enjoyed the first Dead Rising game but got bored of it after the first play-through and only really liked playing it with friends :/

- Preferably I would like a comment from someone who has played all of the games above and perhaps the first Deus Ex game just so I know what I'm getting myself in for if I do happen to get Deus Ex Human Revolution :O

Thanks ( %26gt;' - ' )%26gt;Gears of War 3, Deus Ex Human Revolution or Dead Island :(?
Overall, Gears of War 3 is the best choice. Even though I'm no longer a 360 gamer, I can tell you that as a long-time fan of Gears of War, it's a good series. While the story is definitely bullshit this time around, the gameplay is still fun (I played the beta and watched many trailers), so you should enjoy it.



When it comes to Deus Ex, you're looking at a game that has a great story and an interesting singleplayer, but essentially no replayability whatsoever, and no multiplayer. So, unless you want to sit for 20 hours by yourself and play, only to have no reason to play the game after you beat the campaign, then don't buy this.



As for Dead Island? Glitches galore. It's a decent game, but nothing innovational, and the graphical/audio flaws are numerous and ridiculous.



Go with GoW 3.Gears of War 3, Deus Ex Human Revolution or Dead Island :(?
Dues Ex gives you the most satisfaction if you like action and thinking about your next move and submersing yourself in the game, gears3 is just like the first 2 just different looking a little, dead island is just mindless fun, all are good games but to choose one, Deus Ex no doubt.Gears of War 3, Deus Ex Human Revolution or Dead Island :(?
I would take GoW3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution was not made by Square-Enix, it was made by Eidos Montreal, the same studio that made every Deus Ex game. It was published by SquareEnix.



Dead Island is a great COOP game, if you're not getting it to play it with a few friends, then you might end up getting bored of it quickly. It's largely focused on playing with other people, and it is a fantastic coop game. I can't really recommend it otherwise because I don't play it alone. But with friends, it is one of the best coop experiences ever.



Gears of War 3 I'd recommend if you were a big fan of the series so far. The online is improved, but nothing too different. This would be something you'd have to mull over on your own to see if it's really something you wanna buy. (If you're getting it by yourself for the multiplayer, then I'd suggest waiting for a price drop.)



Back to Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It does a great job capturing the spirit of the first game, with large highly explorable levels that offer tons of different paths to travel through, and a large emphasis on choosing your methods for advancing through a level.

In many ways, it surpasses the original Deus Ex. But it is not entirely better than it. The first Deus Ex was a genuine RPG experience, and was a much larger game. Whereas Human Revolution, is more of an action-RPG and is much smaller.

Human Revolution does look very nice, and enemy AI is much more formidable, and every playstyle choice feels valid (Unlike the stealth/nonlethal approach in the first game which just flat out didn't work or was frustrating to attempt.) The game is still pretty long, and highly replayable, and is honestly one of the best games I've played this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment